Sunday, September 6, 2009

Something to Think about Sunday

Why is it so hard to disconnect?

No cellphones

No computer... facebook, e-mail, blog

When we went on vacation, it was nice to turn off, shut down and spend time with my family. Without distractions. Sure, I wrote a little ~ the old fashioned way ~ pen to paper, and snuck in some time to read.

But it was nice to talk, to smile, to laugh and to stop and enjoy the simple, everyday moments together.

In this world where everything seems so hurried and busy, I hope we can all find time to disconnect and BE THERE for those around us.



As Ghandi has said:

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."


And of course what would a post from me be without pictures?

Here are a few more things I enjoyed from our vacation:




And I'm a sucker for a great sunset.

Which one do you like?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh cool clouds in the second one. Looks nice!