Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I've never quit...

reading a book once I've started it. In the case of many books, it takes a little while to "get into" it and form bonds with the characters.

However,

I'm almost ready to quit.

I have been reading this book since I finished The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. For those of you who have been following me for a while ~ ok, at least a month, I finished that one at the end of August. And this current book, it's not even very long! Only 258 pages.

Here it is,

This is my current read:





And like the title, I've ALMOST quit. More than once.

But here I am plodding through, sometimes only a page at a sitting.

Because, I am not a quitter.

Even while I have 4 books just sitting here willing me to pick them up and become immersed in their characters, tragedies, triumphs, and lessons. In their stories.

But there IS light at the end of the tunnel. The story has picked up and I am over halfway done. And with any luck, I'll be finished before Halloween!

1 comment:

Lisa Anne said...

I hate when I have to fight through a book. It's the worst. If it's really bad, I put it down. Why make yourself suffer. I don't think it's quitting if you suffer getting through the book.

Thanks for catching that the game is in Minnesota. My Bad. I fixed it and gave props to you!!


come see my Halloween Spooktacular