Great idea except for the fact that I am typically not a every holiday decorator ~ I tend to decorate by season.
So, we set off to make some eggs.
Here's what you need ~ yarn (from our experience the thinner the better.), glue (I think any white glue would work), water, and balloons
1. Blow up your balloons around 6-8 inches in diameter
2. Mix equal parts water and glue in a disposable container (we used a paper bowl)
3. Cut as many 3 foot strands of yarn as you want ~ the more you use the fuller your "egg" ~ We probably used around 10 or so (I never really counted ☺)
4. Working strand by strand, dip each piece into the glue/water mixture and pull between your fingers to wipe off any extra glue.
5. Wrap yarn around balloon.
When they are all finished lay them out on a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper to dry.
Let them dry for about 24 hours (GASP! ours only dried for 19 hours)
When they are dry, run your finger between the yarn and balloon to help release it.
Then POP the balloon
Once deflated, remove the balloon .
Voila ~ yarn eggs
See how nice the blue one turned out ~ our blue yarn was really thin!
There is a party going on! Check it out: