Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Relationship Tips

I guess today I feel like using my degree ~ not the deodorant,

I'm more of a secret girl  if you really want to know ☺.







But this morning, I was thinking about marriage..... my marriage.


My hubby and I have been married for 10 years, we have 3 precious kiddos, 1 crazy dog and a roof over our heads.  Perfect right?


I'm not going to go into details, but like most marriages and relationships, ours has had its share of ups and downs. 

But one thing that makes a HUGE impact on our relationship is random acts of kindness.

Huh?  Aren't those the nice things you do for strangers?

Well, think about it.  Do you remember when you first started dating that special someone and a phone call could make your heart jump and your stomach turn?  Or when that special someone would reach out and grab your hand while you were walking ~ just because they wanted to touch you and have you close.  How about the simple act of getting ready for and going on a date.

Now, when was the last time you phoned your significant other just to tell them  you loved them without talking "business" ?  Or when you gave them a compliment rather than a critique?  When was the last time you had loving physical contact ~ you know holding hands, a hug, or a quick shoulder rub instead of a belly poke or a smack on the rear? 

Try it.

Leave a note ~ be it  a wish for a good day, a good luck or a love note.  Leave it in their car, on their pillow somewhere they will find it. 

Greet them at the door when they come home ~ you would greet a stranger if they came to your door.

Give a hug, hold hands on a walk, rub their shoulders ~ let them know you want them near.



Go on a date.



Enjoy each other!

And you may end up like this ADORABLE couple:




5 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww... this couple is adorable! :) I think it's the little random acts of kindness that can make a world of difference!!

~Jennifer

Jennifer Juniper said...

What a great reminder to treat the ones we love at least as well as we would treat a stranger! How easy it is to forget!

Happy Mom said...

Great reminder!

sawicky99 said...

Love the video...I agree...it's the little things like notes...I remember hearing this story when Chuck was in the Army of a widow who reached into her coat pocket at her husband's funeral to find a hidden note he had left in there when he deployed...My husband used to always hide notes for me...I loved it...Thanks for the reminder!

the treat girl said...

Um...I'm a Secret girl too.....Va Va Vanilla....I smell like a cupcake when I'm sweating in class at the gym...drives everyone crazy!! Yep......I do need to pull some random acts of kindness around here......the glow of our 5 days together at Valentine's day is wearing off! Thanks for the reminder.