Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yarn Eggs ~ take 2

The kids and I made Yarn Eggs last year before Easter.

You can check that post out here.

I hadn't planned on making them again this year, but Sassy was concerned that we didn't have any Easter decorations up.  So, one day while Sassy and Action were at school and Smiley was down for a nap, I set out to make some small yarn eggs.

I used:

Water Balloons (I wanted smaller eggs than last year)
Bright colored Embroidery Floss (that I took out of a friendship bracelet making kit)
Glue 
and
Water


First I watered down my glue and blew up my balloons.

Then I took my embroidery floss, dipped it into the watered down glue and wrapped, wrapped and wrapped it around my balloons.

 I laid them out to dry.


When they were dry, using my finger, I loosened the floss from the balloon.  


Then I popped the balloon and pulled it out


Voila, cute little Easter Eggs.


And Sassy feels so much better now that we have some Easter decorations up.







Oh, and that fabulous framed Easter Subway Art you see, 
you can get that here courtesy of Chessa from Antsi-Pants




Tip Junkie handmade projects





18 comments:

Andrea Stevenson said...

Love this! So easy and so cute. Love that you involved the kids. Also, that Easter print by your sink. What great decorating ideas!
You're blog is so great!

http://picsoandrea.blogspot.com/search/label/about%20me

Unknown said...

I absolutely love those!!!

the treat girl said...

How great are those???! Love them

PaperVine said...

Awesome - they look amazing - thanks for sharing the how-to. New follower for sure!

Jennifer said...

I love these!! I was thinking about making these too!!

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

So cute! I will be featuring this next week!

Thank you for linking up to What I Whipped Up Wednesday! xo

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Love these!! And they look great in your kitchen!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Cute! I love how airy these look!

Kim said...

I love these! I'll have to put them on my "to do" list for next Easter!
And thanks for stopping by my blog!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Love, love, love it! I gotta get some yarn and make some tomorrow!

Danielle

Margie S (xnomads) said...

I love those! Another great idea I'm going to have to remember. I'm trying to remember if I have any floss in my craft box so I can make some tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Wow. You are so crafty! Those look amazing!!! Love, love LOVE!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

i love these i need to try them for sure

mommy2luke2008 said...

These are great! I love how you hung them up! I featured these on my friday favorites!
http://www.lilbitofus.com/2011/04/friday-favorites_22.html

Jenn said...

What a great idea! I have seen the yarn baskets before but I love the eggs!

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

These are so lovely! I need to make these next year!
craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute eggs! I don't have small children (DD is in college) but she still likes the holiday decorations for each holiday. Guess I'll be making some of these for next year! :-)

rachel said...

that is super cool! I want to try that...next year!