Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies

My "Embrace the Camera"  picture for this week was a picture of Smiley helping me mix up some cookie dough.  Sure I received some very nice comments regarding the actual picture, but so many of you wanted the recipe so..... here it is, in a mostly picture-less recipe post (see what happens when I don't plan these things out ☺).

Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies 
(I think I got this recipe from my Mom and where she got it, who knows)

2 ½ cups flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 stick margarine (I used unsalted butter)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
1 tsp vinegar
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
½ cup chopped nuts (we like walnuts around here)

Preheat your oven to 350°

Mix all of the dry ingredients together.

In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, margarine (or butter) egg and vinegar.  Then add in banana.

Once mixed slowly add in dry ingredients.

Once thoroughly combined, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.

Bake around 10 minutes.

AND, whatever you do, don't forget to add the baking soda :)


OOPS!

But do make sure you lick the beaters 

(I know, I know salmonella.....
and if you do lick the beaters and you end up with salmonella, 
don't blame me, you've been warned!)


FYI...

These cookies are so yummy, that you may just strap your booster seat to your bottom so that when they finally come out of the oven all you have to do is sit down!




Find some more yummy recipes at the Mangia Monday's party!


4 comments:

the treat girl said...

Yummy, yum, yum....Thanks for sharing. That little cutie patootie is getting SO big! Tell her to STOP!!! :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Dude, that strapping of the booster seat thing is brilliant! Just sayin'

Tracy said...

oh, yum! these look great. btw, my girls have licked plenty of beaters and batter bowls in their day. they tured out just fine (i think)!

Leslie said...

My husband and I always lick the beaters and the spoon! I practically make cookies for that reason!