Monday, April 19, 2010

Bird bath #2

Last year we made a bird bath using a grapevine wreath, terracotta saucer, some greenery and a bit of rope (check it out and all of the "details" here).

However, someone forgot to bring that darn thing in for the winter and:

Yep, Crack happened.
(don't tell anyone, but I tried to fill it with water ~ yes, I knew the crack existed ~ but it didn't hold)


So Action and I set out to do some repairing and replacing.

We used a little spray paint and brought the wreath back to life.

We purchased a new saucer.

Spray painted the outside of it... why?

I don't know either, you can't even see it!

Painted a little blue edge and filled 'er up with water.


Birdies come, relax and get clean.



and just because,
it seems someone else likes spray paint as much as her mom ☺:



This week, I'm partying here:

and

DIY Day @ ASPTL

So don't forget to swing by for some fun!


9 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

What a great idea!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I was just going to tell you to save the other one for birdseed,but then I imagined all the squirrels swinging on it and having a party!

Kelli W said...

Very cute! I like the blue paint around the edge!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I'm laughing out loud at Jennifer's comment. I think it would be cute for squirrels or birds to party in. Great idea!

Signing Out said...

I love this...what a great project!

Jane

the treat girl said...

really super cute Miss :)

Unknown said...

this is a great idea! thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

So cute! Have the birdies come yet to enjoy it?? That reminds me, I need to get my bird feeder out of the garage this weekend! Oh how the birdies loove the feeder!

So Sunny Day said...

oh wow that is a great idea! I love how the little blue border looks :)
~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"