I got this recipe from a friend; who got it from her sister or was it sister in law.... anyway.... 1 word: YUMMY!
Penne with Prosciutto
1 lb Penne Pasta
2-3 T butter
1 large sweet onion, diced
1/2 - 3/4 lb prosciutto, finely chopped
4 oz frozen baby peas
6-8 oz heavy cream
Parmigiano Reggiano ~ to taste
1. Cook Penne pasta ~ al dente, then set aside
2. Saute diced onion until transparent
3. Add prosciutto to the onion and brown until slightly crispy (around 10 mins)
4. Add frozen peas, pasta, and heavy cream (start on the low end 6 oz ~ you can always add more). Heat through.
5. Add Parmigiano Reggiano to taste and more cream if necessary.