Friday, March 28, 2014

Yikes, We have a teenager in the house!

We have a running joke that comes up in our house around this time of year.
All you have to say, is "Are you sure you didn't pee your pants?"

See, 13 years ago, in the middle of the night, I got out of bed to use the bathroom.  When I stood up there was definitely some fluid running down my leg.  Since I was 39 weeks pregnant, obvious to me, my water had broken.  I woke up hubby, explained what was going on and his reply, "Are you sure you didn't pee your pants."  He has yet to live that one down.



Here we are today, March 28, 13 years later.  That beautiful baby girl, who made me a mom for the first time is now a lovely young lady, a teenager.  One who is loving, thoughtful, smart, athletic, and considerate.  Don't get me wrong, her room is usually a disaster and we've had our share of differences (she's been stubborn since day one!), but isn't that all part of growing up... figuring out your priorities and finding your individual voice and forming your own opinions?


These 13 years have flown by (still not sure how I'm old enough to have a teenager....) and I look forward to this next chapter ~ the good, the bad and everything in between!




No comments: