Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ordinary Miracles (9)


Did you have a good weekend?  I do hope so!  Today I am reflecting on the last week and remembering some of the Ordinary Miracles I was able to witness.  So many little miracles happen in our lives each day ~ a sunrise, a smile from a stranger just when you need it, or simply being able to  spend time with a loved one ~  I was able to stop and see some Ordinary Miracles and I hope you were too!

We found out 1 week ago Sunday that our neighbor, who was also the father of one of Sassy's great friends passed away.  And while his death makes my heart hurt ~ there are so many Ordinary Miracles that take place when a loved one dies.  People come together to raise each other up.  He was honored at a beautiful funeral and we were reminded to love a little more, live fully everyday and to laugh ~ always find a reason to laugh.  We also remember the value of life, all life, and how short it is. Cherish these days ~ good and bad.  My prayers to this family (if you wouldn't mind, I'm sure they would appreciate any extra prayers from any of you).  

Spring is finally starting to show it's lovely face, but with all the snow we've had, and still do have (actually, it is snowing again today!) it can be a bit treacherous on the driveway and sidewalks with all of the thawing and overnight refreezing.  Unfortunately,  Sassy found this out first hand while she was walking to the bus stop on Monday morning.  She slipped and fell....HARD.  Gloves went flying, the wind was knocked out of her,  and she was left holding her head and trying to catch her breath.  We decided to go back into the house and assess her ~ she had a big gash on her chin ~ one that ended up requiring 5 stitches.  Boo!  How is this an Ordinary Miracle you ask?  First of all, I was with her.  I don't always walk with her, but decided to on this particular morning.  I can't imagine what she would have done had she been alone.  And, she didn't break anything, her teeth are all intact and since she just started wearing contacts 1 1/2 weeks ago, she didn't have her glasses on.  I am certain they would have been broken.  See, proof that not everything that happens is good, but it is possible to see the good!


Tuesday night we learned Action's baseball tryouts went well enough that he "made" a baseball team in the league he was shooting for.  Bring on summer, it's hot days and dusty fields!

And, like I said before, the slowly and sporadically getting warmer and we were able to get outside and enjoy ourselves a bit.  It was fun to watch Action help his sister on her bike.

And simply lovely to just be able to hang out on the deck.  I "caught" Smiley drawing and enjoying herself one afternoon while I was making lunch.



Anyway, I hope you'll look back at your week and think about the ordinary things, people, places or happenings that took place in your life.  The ordinary that is usually taken for granted.  Tell me what miracles occurred in your life!

(See Previous Ordinary Miracles Here)


No comments: