Sunday, February 26, 2012

I finally figured it out!

I would LOVE to create a family cookbook of all of Hubby's, Sassy's, Action's, Smiley's and my favorite recipes.  That way, when they get older they have their own "special" cookbook.

Because of my desire, every now and then I ask the kids, "What is your favorite thing or things that I make for meals ~ breakfast, lunch whatever?"

I've been told these on more than one occasion:

Sticky Buns (like MY mom use to make)


And THESE chocolate chip oatmeal cookies


All 3 kids love my version of Sloppy Joe's
(Find the recipe HERE)

But for the most part.  When I ask them what they like.  I get blank stares.

And now, I have finally figured out why!

It really is obvious.

You see, this is what we had last week for dinner ~ with a couple nights of leftovers.


Chicken Pot Pie Penne via  What's Cookin' Chicago
Review ~ this was ok.  
Easy to make, but not a ton of flavor.  The kids ate it, but didn't request it as a "remaker."


Ham and Cheese Sliders with Poppyseed dressing 
Everyone liked these.  We will definitely be making these again :)


"The worlds BEST Mac and Cheese" via Martha Stewart
This was good ~ Hubby though, has a little problem (unbeknownst to him) with food that doesn't contain some sort of meat.  Anytime I make a meatless entree, he says,  "Oh, this would be so good if it had chicken (or whatever other meat he comes up with) in it!"  So with this meatless entree...... He said, "Wow, if this had lobster in it....mmmmm lobster mac and cheese......"

So, maybe next time, I'll mix it up ~ for him :)


AND finally, I made this:


Cowboy Casserole via The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
I didn't love this, nor did I hate it.  All three kids ate it without complaining, which is always a small victory at our house.  I would probably make it again simply for that reason.  :)


So you see, I've figured out why they can't tell me their favorite things that I make.  


I like to try new recipes on a very regular basis.


It's hard to find a favorite, when I mix it up so often!

Oh well, VARIETY is the spice of life!

And just so you know, all of these meals I found on and have pinned via Pinterest.



4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I'm going to have to steal several of those ideas!!!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Your post is making me so hungry! lol Time for supper I guess! :) Your recipes look delicious!

Unknown said...

This is so funny, especially about the meatless entrees. I always get the, well it was good but if there were chicken or whatever meat in, that would be better. I guess we have households of carnivores! lol

the treat girl said...

I've been wanting to try those ham and cheese sliders but thought I had to wait for a party to take them too.....silly me! I'm gonna make them for dinner!!!