Monday, May 16, 2011

Brightening Up

I don't know about where you live, but up until today the weather has been cloudy, drippy and dreary.  So I decided to add a little sunshine to my front entry.

Here is the before, in all it's new spring wreath and dirty glass door glory:


I purchased this chair from Sam's Club (I was too impatient to find one on Craig's list, thrift store, or garage sale).



Using some bright yellow spray paint, I spruced that baby right up for a fabulous pop of color.


Little Smiley, decided she needed a chair too, so she pulled an old rusty one (given to us about 10 years ago by our sweet elderly neighbor at the time).


The branches I had picked up off the ground one morning while walking my dog ~ who by the way likes to hang out in the cabinet I guess.

I couldn't find her one day and went to go shut the cabinet door (although they are gettting better, no one in my house seems to think it is necessary to fully shut all of our cabinet doors) and someone popped up.


Anyway, Hubby was attempting to clean out our garage and was tired of moving my lovely branches from point A to point B and back again.  So I propped them up in a planter, via some landscaping bricks,  stole some lava rock from around the house and filled it up.


Works for me, at least for a couple of weeks until I'm ready to do some flower planting!

Ahhh..... much better!




And of course, the sun is out and shining today :)



Tip Junkie handmade projects




81. A first Birthday 
82. Celebrating an accomplishment 
83. A clean house 
84. Brighter colors 
85. Laughing with my in-laws 
86. My family who knows how to rally together 
87. My beautiful 10 year old daughter 
88. My Amazing husband 
89. Warm water, the smell of chlorine and smiles at the indoor pool 
90. My mom

5 comments:

the treat girl said...

awwhh...little Smiley's chair needs a cute color too :)

East Coast Creative said...

Wow, that is really cheerful!:) Yellow says "spring" to me, too. That would make me happy every time I saw it.

idesign said...

love this! that chair was meant to be bright yellow! found you over at tutorial tuesday, come by for a visit sometime :)

Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com

Jennifer Juniper said...

It does brighten it up! We need all the help we can get over here.

Did you see Hines cry after his dance last night? :( sniff, sniff

What about Heinz? Ha!

Kath said...

I love the yellow, that's a beautifu shade. looks perfect.

I'm a new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com