Monday, May 17, 2010

A window where there wasn't


 
Yesterday, I showed all of you my "new" laundry room!



I.LOVE.IT.

BUT.....

It is lacking something.

For starters, a window.

Hubby and I talked about ripping out the wall to install a window.

These talks didn't last long.

Reasons?

#1 ~ Cost

#2 ~ The view

I really like my neighbor, but I don't want to look at this ~ every time I'm in my laundry room:




So, enter Jen from Hope Studios.

I was remembering a post she did using an old window and voila.... A PLAN WAS BORN!

I searched for old windows.  I was looking for a certain size, and I knew I wanted panels.  I looked at our local reuse center ~ nothing ~ well in regards to size, shape and look.

And then one day I was shopping.  And I spotted a window. It was new, unfinished and inexpensive!  JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!




I primed this baby.

Painted it black.


Gave it a couple of coats of white.

Sanded  a bit to weather it.

Wiped on some mahogany stain

and ......



Alrighty.

I have a window, now what?

I had a picture enlarged.
Cut it into pieces that would fill each panel,
then taped them in.



Flipped it over, hung it up and VOILA...


a  room


with a


View

The only bummer now is when I'm doing laundry, I look out my window and see my hubby pulling the kids in the tube behind the boat on a gorgeous summer evening while I'm stuck inside.

Not sure I like that idea.
HA!

Don't forget, today is Tuesday and that means PARTY DAY!
Come be inspired!



 
AND 
 

don't forget about the linky party and giveaway that starts here on THURSDAY! In honor of my 1 yr blog anniversary, I want to know why YOU started your blog!
Go here for more details!

Don't forget, today is Tuesday and that means PARTY DAY!
Come be inspired!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

11 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love it! Great view ;)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yay!!! So much cheaper than moving :)

Lisa Anne said...

Very creative. LOL I love the color of your laundry room. It's the same as what we painted my sons bathroom. LOVING GREEN!!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

what a lovely idea! you out did yourself here Wendy :)

Jami Nato said...

so cute. great idea!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is SO awesome. What an amazingly creative solution!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I LOVE your room with a view. Very cute idea. :) Thanks so much for the visit the other day...sorry for the delay in me returning the favor. :)

Laura said...

I love this idea! I'm hosting a blog party Saturday and I'd love it if you linked up!
http://www.iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com

the treat girl said...

SUPER.DUPER.GREAT!!!!! llllooooovve that color green! I've been wanting to spruce up my craft room...I may just have to borrow that color from you...I have those same white cabinets in there....and that "window" is TERIFFIC!!! Great Job!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Very cute! I love the view you have now :) Very creative!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is such a great idea! I love that you put a picture in it to make it look like there really is a window there! Beautiful!