Tuesday, September 9, 2014

8th, 5th and Kindergarten

It was one week ago this evening that I was tucking my kiddos into bed,  listening to them tell me a few more of the things that had happened that day.  That day was the first day back to school for Sassy and Action and the very first day of elementary school for Smiley.

The morning started early.  My alarm went off at 4:45 ~ up early enough to make rolls (a yearly tradition)  before Sassy had to head off to school. Sassy's alarm sounded at 5:45.  Her bus came to pick her up at 6:50.  Action and Smiley rolled out of bed around 7:15.  Rolls were eaten, the perfect clothes put on and hair was fixed (for the 5 year old anyway!)  Their bus pulled up to get them at 8:20.  I admit, a tear or two did sneak out of my eyes.  After all, my baby is going to kindergarten.  But my feelings regarding this will be an entire post of its own......

And, of course, the morning did not go by without a handful of pictures taken.  And don't let their smiles fool you, Smiley was really the only one of the three who was excited to go to school!

My lovely 8th grader:




My not excited, yet smiley 5th grader:




And my super excited and a little bit nervous, cute, little kindergartner:





No comments: