Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pass or Fail?

By now I assume all of you know what Pinterest is, so I'm not going to go into all of that.

I pinned this recipe (pinned here and original here) awhile ago, we tried it, and here's what we thought.

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato ~ Basil Cream

Ingredients:



1 20oz package refrigerated four cheese ravioli
1 16oz jar sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce
2 Tbsp white wine
2 med. sized fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
Optional ~ garnish with strips of fresh basil


Directions:


1 Prepare pasta according to package directions.


2. Pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan.  Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly and shake well (gets all the yummy left over Alfredo sauce out of the jar), then pour into the saucepan.  Str in tomatoes and basil.  Cook over med-low heat until heated through.


3.  Toss sauce with pasta and top evenly with grated parmesan cheese.


Sounds easy right?

It is, but how does it taste?

Delicious!

Tons of flavor.  I will admit the 2 littlest of the house were not big fans ~ although they did eat it.  But Hubby, Sassy and I all enjoyed it and in the end, it really is about me :) Ha!

I will definitely be remaking this one!


In the words of my friend ~ this Pin is a Pass!

Oh, and yes, my family loves it when I whip out the camera as we sit down to eat :)


2 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

oh girrrrrrrl this looks nothing short of AMAZING!

Jennifer Juniper said...

ooooh, I'll have to feature it in my Pass for Fail post next week! I got bogged down with Nashville stuff today but next week for sure!