Friday, October 21, 2011

I must have blinked!

Three years ago today, I was at home, alone, and my husband was in another state with Sassy and Action.
I called him early that morning and said, "Hey honey, I think you may want to come home a little earlier than you had planned."

You see, even though I was only 37 weeks pregnant, Smiley was ready to make her entrance.




Here's the story ~ Hubby was going out of state to go on our annual hunting trip.  I had just had a prenatal doctor's appointment a few days earlier and my doctor suggested (or shall I say, told me) that I shouldn't make the trip ~ 5 hours in the car to a town with a population of about 1000.


I obliged.  That weekend, I did LOTS of Christmas shopping, movie watching (I still remember that I watched the Sex in the City movie and Baby Mama) and relaxing.  Sunday night, I decided the crib needed to be put up.  Right then.  So as I was contorting myself into interesting positions in order to set it up all by myself, my brother called.  My brother lives 45 minutes away and we began talking about what hubby and I would do with Sassy and Action when I finally did go into labor.  It was settled, I would call him and he and his wife would try their hardest to help us out.

I ended up having sporadic contractions all night.   I knew.  So in the morning, I made the call to hubby.  Who packed everyone and everything up and began the long drive.  Hoping he would make it in time.  I went and got my eyebrows waxed ~ flinching from the contraction pain and not the eyebrows being ripped out of your skin pain, and dropped off a birthday present. I called my brother and reminded him of the conversation we had had the night before.  He figured out a way to get to my house.
(photo taken around 3 am ~ couldn't sleep,  and between little contractions here and there, I knew we would be meeting our new little one soon, and I didn't have any belly shots yet! Hence a propped up camera, with a flash and artificialy light = AWESOME) 

Soon, hubby and the kids were home and Uncle T arrived.  We took off to the hospital full of nervous excitement ~ would our new little one be a boy or a girl? Healthy?  Would everything go ok? And,  I knew I wasn't going to have an epidural (personal choice) and I was a little nervous about the pain.

I will spare you the lovely details, but in no time we were holding our beautiful baby girl, with hearts overflowing with love and happiness. 

(the only picture of me holding my baby girl in the hospital! 
Totally bums me out that I don't have more!)




I must have blinked, because today, this beautiful baby:



Has become this feisty, best hug giver, sweet,  music lovin', 
little 3 year old.



Happy birthday baby girl!  


I love you more than words could every say!




6 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

this makes my heart smile!! I love the picture of the 3 kiddos in the hospital, it is gorgeous! (I cant believe your hubby was gone when you were about to go into labor! ha!)

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! Happy birthday to your little one!

Mama Bear said...

Oh man, she's such a cutie! :)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww.. what a great story! Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl! She is beautiful! :)

the treat girl said...

OH!!!!! I have goosebumps and tears!!! How precious...Happy Birthday Little Miss!!! ....and I totally Looooooovee the pics of you two in the hot tub the best :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Hey, my 3rd kid came at 35 weeks! What's with those impatient 3rd borns? Happy birthday to your little one :)