Friday, March 11, 2011

Keeping it real

Today, my bloggy friend Jennifer Juniper posed the question ~ are you keepin' it real?

I've seen this very topic blogged about before and know one blogger who has a weekly link up to "picture me {im}perfectly"

Anyway, the whole point is to share your mess.

As bloggers, we tend to just show the things that are pretty and pleasing to the eye.

But is that really how we live?

If you do, I admit I am a bit jealous. However, the fact that there are dishes on the counter and  toys on the floor make me smile (um.. as long as I am not stepping on them).  Because for me it means, I have spared moments of cleaning and perfecting to do the things I enjoy ~ playing with the kids, spending time with my hubby and friends, working out, creating, planning........

Today Jennifer challenged us to keep it real, to show the messes in your life ~ to not stage, to not be fake, to be yourself.

Here are my messes of the morning:


Hello dishes that either need to get washed 
(umm... yes, that is my wine glass from last night) 
or get put away



Oh messy, messy mud room ~ you are the first room I see when I walk in the house and between the coats, boots and laundry, you do not make me smile :)

(and no my walls are not purple, although they look like it???)



And my lovely guest room/clothes line ~ luckily you are not needed until next weekend, 
but I will clean it sooner if anyone wants to come and stay :)

Today, I'm keepin' it real!  

Are you?



6 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh how I hoped you didn't turn out to be perfect :) Love this mess, I feel right at home! I have to say that after I took a picture of my messes I cleaned for about 3 hours!!!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

What a beautiful mess!!!!!


Janet xox

the treat girl said...

You brave girl!!! I'm so happy I'm not the only one :)

Unknown said...

So glad to see that I am not the only one whose house is never 'perfect' lol! I also wanted to say that I LOVE your laundry room! :) A stacking basket tower like yours is on my to-do list, but it's at the bottom of like 500 other to-do's, so who knows if I'll ever get there! :) ~Jess

Jami said...

Why does that all look strangely familiar! lol
Good job "keepin it real"!

The Constant Complainer said...

I saw Juniper's post and thought it was great. Unless you live in a museum, your house will never look perfect, even though many bloggers try to pretend it. LOL.

I hope you had a good weekend.