Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthday Books

If you came by yesterday, you saw bits and pieces of Sassy's and Action's birthday parties.  One thing I didn't mention was their birthday books.

I started them when Sassy turned 5.  I'm not sure if I saw them somewhere or if I cleverly thought of it myself, but it is basically a book that Sassy or Action signs (they each have their own) and hand prints in each year.  It also contains that year's b-day invite and signatures, drawings, or notes from their friends and family that come to their parties.

They love decorating that year's page with their hand print, comparing hand sizes and reading back to what their friends wrote or drew in the past years.

See for yourself:

Basic spiral scrapbook (Sassy's was from a local scrapbook store, but they stopped carrying them so Actions is just a sketch notebook)




a title page:


Stamp their hands, have them sign (I photoshopped their signitures out) and let them decorate:

Sassy's 5th b-day




And a few pages from her 6th and 8th birthdays




and a few signatures from Action's:


Great memories of fun times with family and friends.





DIY Day @ ASPTL

6 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is such a wonderful idea!! They are going to LOVE being able to look back at those when they are older!

Nicole said...

What a creative idea! I absolutely love it! I will surely do something similiar when I have children. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Really great idea and so fun for them to look back on when they grow older!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

That is an adorable idea. I have a birthday book that I write a letter to my daughter in each year but I love that you have included your children in making their books, what cool memories.

the treat girl said...

awwwhhhhhhhhhhh......I wished I had thought of that!!!!! Your kiddos will treasure them!

Unknown said...

Super idea! Those are the most fun to look back at. Especially when they answer various questions in them (what do you want to be when you grow up? what do you think your mom was like as a kid?)