Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Books into movies....

I am looking forward to seeing this movie:





My Sister's Keeper comes to theatres on June 26th. I really enjoyed the book by Jodi Picoult and am hoping the movie is as good.

I don't know if it is just me, but two recent books I read were turned into movies. Movies that disappointed me. The Kite Runner (by: Khaled Hosseini) and Marley and Me (by: John Grogan). I think one of the problems for me has been that I watch the movies too soon after reading the books. The flow of the movies were quite different from the flow of the books. And the details or shall I say LACK of details in the movies really threw me off. Therefore making the movies seem choppy and blah.

Maybe it will be to my advantage that I read My Sister's Keeper years ago. I can only hope. And for now, I am looking forward to watching the movie. Are there any movies you are looking forward to seeing?

No comments: