Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Ramblings....

Well, I don't have a whole lot of anything important to say today.  I am still reeling from last weekends camping trip.  You know, laundry, laundry and more laundry.  At least we stayed dry inside our new tent when it decided to rain.  Unlike last year (and check out our camping trip from 2009 ~ seriously, look at how small Smiley is!)! And once again we made Ziplock Omelets.  They were a hit as usual!



I'm having a hard time with the fact that a month from now, my kids will be sporting their backpacks and will be heading off to school.  Where did summer go?  Do you have kids?  Are you having a hard time with this? I know we still have a month to relax and play, but I'm already filling up August nights and weekends with football practices and games for Action and  fall softball practices and games for Sassy.  And you know, this morning when I took Zoie (our dog) for a walk it did indeed feel like fall.  62° outside this morning.  That is a far cry from the heat and humidity we have been experiencing.  Guess today will not be a pool or beach day.


Which is probably ok, since I have to take Smiley to the doctor for a Pre-Op appointment.  She is having eye surgery on the 24th of this month.  But, that's a story for another day.  Then perhaps the kids and I will go searching for a new tube to pull behind our boat.  It seems the one we have has decided to not stay inflated.  Bummer.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings for one day!  Come back tomorrow and see what a fashionista I am, Thursday, I'll be embracing the camera ~ you know stepping out from behind the camera and actually getting in the shot.  Maybe Friday I'll have something to show you that might just make you smile and next week.... well make sure you come back for a delicious chicken recipe you will definitely want to make!

Oh, and one more random thing... Last friday Jennifer Juniper asked what was our our nightstands ~ well I was out of town, but thought I would show you today ~ remarkably it's not too bad right now:


Besides a few random books and magazines underneath my nightstand, here you go, a little closer up:

A picture of "the girls"  
me, my youngest sister, Sassy, my mom, my other younger sister

A note Sassy left on my pillow one night when I went out with some girlfriends.
The inside reads, "Love you Mom"  and the there is a sticker of Wonder Woman next to the lovely sentiment.
A bobby pin ~ I typically have at least one of these in my hair throughout the day
and some dust ~ NASTY!  Sorry about that! :)


A couple pictures of my older brother and I ~ guessing I must have been 3ish in these pictures.  I love the look I'm giving him in the top right picture. Makes me smile every time!


And a picture of my sisters and my dad at a wedding from years ago ~ sad, but we don't have many of us girls with him.  Something we'll have to change!




No comments: