Thursday, January 28, 2010

When the dog bites....


When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad...

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel soooooo bad....... (wow, I kind of got into the song a little bit)


Or maybe it's just when winter seems to drag on, the high temperature for the day is suppose to be 7 degrees. I woke up to this:


 and the wind might just blow you down the street ~ that's when I remember some of my favorite things. And I thought I would share them with you.



Mmmm, a nice hot cup of coffee





My warm and cozy slippers





Running shoes ~ nothing like getting out (to go into the health club) and getting some natural endorphins going




Aquaphor ~ perfect for my nails and lips on these
cold, dry days





Nail Polish ~ I never paint my fingernails, but I love to have my toes beach ready. You know, just in case we win the lottery (that we don't play) and are forced to go on a trip to a tropical island.





This rug ~ no really, it is perfect for the kid's wet boots and prevents me from accidentally stepping in wet, snow spots.

and yes, this mud room is in desperate need of a change and my head is full of ideas, but one of our favorite things is the"art wall" where we hang all of the kids pictures ~ we see them every time we come in and out of the house ~ it makes us all smile :)




These lounge pants from NY and Company ~ so comfy, they have long sizes, and they were only $13.00 ~ so I also have a pair in charcoal gray and brown.





Candles





Reading materials ~ pleasure and inspiration





Music ~ lots of variety




Oh, and lets not forget this brilliant ball





Ok, so my items are a little random. I would also like to point out that these are just a few of the simple daily things I am thankful for and enjoy (lets not forget remote car starters on days like today either). However, nothing could make me smile more than my family! I mean really who could resist a face like this (breakfast and all)?








What are your simple, everyday favorite things?







4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I've been LIVING in lounge pants for the past month! I got mine at the Old Navy sale for $3!!!

Joyeful said...

Ooohh, I LOVE those slippers! And your cutie pie is a DOLL!

Wonderful to meet you : )

the treat girl said...

A few of my favorite things are.....my cute snowmen coffee mugs I got at the Dollar Store, my favorite jeans, quiet time before everyone gets up, a GREAT bargain, and pull-through parking spots! PS...your toes are super cute!! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

What a CUTIE PUH-TOOTIE.

I want to let you know that I have a BIG give-a-way starting on Sunday and it will be really fun. I am calling it SPREADING THE LOVE--cuz I love my FOLLOWERS. There are lots of gifts, from really cool vendors. Each week there will be SEVERAL winners--that is right it will be going on all month long. So you can come back each week and leave me a comment, to put your name in.

You don't have to have a blog--you can e-mail me to enter your name.

Followers get their name in once and if you have my button on your side bar your name will go in 5 more times.

If you can double check your READER to see if you are getting my posts I would really appreciate it--for some reason Google has picked on me since the start of my blog and I always end up having them not post every few weeks.

XO
Cheri