Friday, May 30, 2014

Fancy

With a 5 year old in the house, you learn to expect unexpected statements.

I was driving down the road with the radio on.  Smiley was all buckled in and singing away, very typical behavior for her.  I wasn't really listening to the radio, but I did hear her exclaiming,  "I'm so fancy!"

I checked the XM display and realized it was the song "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea (video here ~ it's the explicit version of the song, but I couldn't find an official video with a clean version).  Yes, I know this song isn't 5 year old appropriate, but I needed a short break from the "Animal Farm" on Kids Place Live..... And since Smiley is really good at hearing and picking up lyrics the station was changed shortly thereafter.

The back of the vehicle got quiet, which is quite uncommon.  About five minutes later Smiley says, "Hey mom, I bet she isn't even fancy.  I bet she just has on a blue skirt with a sparkly shirt......."
Monsoon Accessorize - Suri Sequin Vest TopSkirt






Now I can't hear that song without thinking of Smiley and that just makes me smile!



No comments: