On the last day of school when the kids exit the bus for the final time we welcome our children home and celebrate the start of summer vacation by attacking them with water.
Typically using water guns and water balloons.
Here's what you need to start your own Last day of school water attack:
- The last day of school
- Unsuspecting school children (ok, they are starting to catch on, but that doesn't make it any less fun)
- Willing adults (those that stay home and those that are able to break away from work) and siblings
- Water balloons
- Water Guns
- Buckets full of water for refilling
- A wagon to wheel items to the bus stop and to hold empty water guns, buckets and broken water balloons after the ambush
Here's what you do:
- When the bus stops and the kids start filing out of the bus, begin water ambush.
- Continue until all (water) ammunition is used up
- There will be lots of laughing, shouting and shrieks of happinness (or maybe shock as the cold burst of water hits you in the back)
- It is likely that the water fight will backfire a bit and the adults with this brilliant idea will be almost as wet as their children
Bring a camera and when the kids take aim, yell "don't get me wet, I have a camera!" Although most children do not care. Therefore, don't bring your fancy SLR, bring your basic point and shoot!
Here's where the parties are: