Tuesday, February 3, 2015

No Bake (Cherry) Cheesecake

Yesterday, I reverted back in time.  I pulled out a recipe for a dessert that I started making way back when I was probably about Sassy's age ~ 8th grade.  This use to be my favorite dessert, and I still find it delicious.  No Bake (Cherry) Cheesecake


You start with a graham cracker crust.  You can purchase one, but they are so easy to make that I always make mine.  

Just melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter

Add in graham cracker crumbs and a little sugar and mix it all together.  


Firmly and evenly press the crumb mixture into a 9" pie plate.  Microwave the crust for 1 1/2 minutes - 2 1/2 minutes.  This depends on your microwave.  I only cook my crust for about 1m 45s. Take it out and let it cool while you make the filling.



Onto the delicious, creamy filling....

Start with 8oz of softened cream cheese


beat it until it is light and fluffy.

Then add in sweetened condensed milk


Lemon Juice 

and Vanilla


Mix again until the filling mixture is smooth and creamy.



Pour the filling into the prepared crust (I dare you to try to refrain from licking the spoon).



Pop it into the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.

Top the cheesecake with 1 can of cherry pie filling.



Serve and ENJOY!


No Bake Cheesecake

Crust:
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons sugar

Mix together.  
In a 9" pie plate, firmly press mixture in evenly. 
Microwave for 1 1/2 - 21/2 minutes
Cool.

Filling:
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice from concentrate
1 tsp vanilla extract

In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.  Then add in lemon juice and vanilla.  Mix until smooth and creamy.
Pour in to graham cracker crust.
Put in refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.

Topping:
1 can cherry pie filling

Pour and spread evenly over top of cheesecake






No comments: