Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Double Digits

10 years ago, in the middle of the night hubby and I made our way to the car. When we drove out of the driveway, the thermometer showed a frigid -19 degrees.  We made our way to our destination.  As we arrived, I insisted on walking to the front entrance myself.  Hubby wouldn't have it.  He dropped me off at the front door and I waited inside for him.  I found a comfy chair and sat down.  While I was waiting, a kind looking woman asked me if I needed assistance.  I declined.  I waited.  It was probably only a couple of minutes, but it felt like forever.  Finally when he entered the building, we set off.   We arrived at the nurses station so I could be assessed for labor and delivery.  But one look at me told them no assessment was necessary.  The nurses instantly assigned me to a delivery room  ~ I was dilated to an 8.  Three calls to the doctor to get her to hurry up, no epidural and an 1/2 hour later, we were holding our beautiful 21 inch, 8lb 8oz, baby boy in our arms.


Time flies, but I remember these minutes like they were yesterday.

And today?  Today is not much different from that day 10 years ago.  It is cold, it is windy and I am so in love with that baby boy, who is now a 10 year old.  Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for him.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy ~ thank you for the love, laughter and fun you bring to our family!



No comments: