Wednesday, January 9, 2013

O{pin}ions

It has been for-ever since I sat down and wrote an O{pin}ion post.  And don't think that I haven't been baking, making, creating and trying any of the things I have pinned.  I have, and today is your lucky day!  Here are my o{pin}ion's of of a couple of meals I have made from my Pinterest "cooking" board.

First up ~ 

Cowboy Casserole



I thought this was pretty good for a "tator tot" casserole.  Everyone in my family seemed to like it, and that makes it a winner in my book!  The only thing I really did differently, is I baked the bottom layer of tator tots for a bit just to get them hot and a little softened up, before I poured the hamburger mixture over them.  It created a nice base.  I will definitely make this again.  It was an easy, hot, comfort food for a cold winter day.

And...

Tomato Tortillini Soup



I was definitely skeptical of this recipe.  I mean ingredients and only about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.  Don't soups need to sit and simmer awhile to gain all of the delicious flavors and seasonings?  This recipe proved my theory wrong.  It was easy, quick and good!  I was surprised at how flavorful it actually was and will absolutely be making this again.  Another perfect winter day meal!


What have you been pinning lately?

1 comment:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I have made tator tot casserole before, but never put tator tots on the bottom as well. Might have tot try it sometime. The soup looks delicious! :)