Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Just the two of us.



In three months, I know I will feel opposite of how I do today.
But today is today and this is how I feel.
I feel like time went too fast. 
How can the school year be over already?
It’s not that I don’t want summer to come, fabulous memories to be made, imaginations to be used or new places explored.
It just, I’m sad that this school year alone with Smiley is coming to a close.
After Thursday it won’t just be her and I, we’ll be back to being a foursome.
Next year she’ll start preschool and my “baby” will slowly be changing into a “girl”
Time just keeps slipping away and so I’m going to take these few moments we have left, just her and I, and savor every second.





4 comments:

Sandra Kohlmann said...

Unrelated to the post, you and Smiley both have beautiful eyes. That is all.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww... so sweet Wendy! Savor those moments! :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Until I clicked on the video, I had the song "Just the two of us" in my head! "we can make it if we try, just the two of us...just the two of us..."

But now I'm hearing Comin' around the mountain. Girl can jam :)

The Constant Complainer said...

Happy Summer! Enjoy it with the family, Wendy!