Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pinnin' Pinnin' and Pinnin' Pinnin'

I was going to give you this little Pinterest review yesterday, but my internet was down ~ a few adjustments and a new modem later, we are back in business.

Anyway, here are a few of the recipes I've recently "pinned" and tried.  (See all of my Pinterest boards here)

First up, "Million Dollar Spaghetti"
This was pretty tasty.  I will definitely be making it again although I'm not sure it is quite worth a million dollars as it's name implies.  It was reminiscent of lasagna except with spaghetti noodles. Next time (if I was just feeding my family of 5) I would probably either only make half of a recipe or freeze half.  I felt like we were eating leftovers forever.  And I would maybe add some veggie's to the sauce.


Next, "Totally Scrumptious Chicken Salad Croissant"
I thought this was good, not totally scrumptious, hubby was ok with it and the kids... not so much.  I probably won't make it again although it wasn't bad.


And other one from it's overflowing , "Baja Chicken Wraps"
These, I love.  I have been eating them for lunch for the last couple of days.  They are filling and fresh, with just a hint of lime.  When I eat them for leftovers, I add a little fresh coleslaw mix, just to freshin' it up a bit.  Does the rest of the family like them?  Don't care, I do :)  Ha ~ hubby likes them, Sassy hasn't had any, and Action and Smiley will eat them (not sure I can quite say they like them).


Finally a little breakfast ~ "Egg Muffins"
(original website here ~ although I've seen lots of variations around)
I made a bunch of these one evening before a weekend softball tournament.  I knew we would be up early (5:30am) to head out to get to Sassy's games in time.  I'm a believer in eating some sort of protein for breakfast and I thought these would be perfect to quickly warm up and eat before we had to head out.  I made a variety of these.  I used green and red peppers, mushrooms, onion, sausage, and cheese.  Some just had veggies, some had everything and some had a little of this and that.  We all agreed that these were good and perfect for our early morning.  Yep, you guessed it, I will make them again. The worst part was washing out my muffin tins ~ seriously why does egg stick to everything?


That's it for now!  Actually I'm working on dinner right now ~ a pasta I pinned and some bars I pinned.  I'll let you know how it all turned out next week :)

What have you been pinning and trying?


1 comment:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love hearing about people trying pinterest recipes! Love your reviews, Wendy! So you cooked the egg muffins the night before, and then reheated them the next day? I wasn't sure eggs would taste great reheated, but might have to try this one sometime! :)