Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reminding Myself

My little girl is miserable.

Runny nose

Coughing ~ you know the cough that is so hard and consistent that you almost puke ~ yep, that one.

Fever ~ at times over 103 degrees.

Last night I put her to bed at 8:15.  15 minutes later she was crying for me,  "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy........"

She needed me.

The list of things I needed to do, were going to have to wait.

The laundry would have to wait.

The menu would not get written

The grocery list would not be made.

It was a long night.

The recliner
The floor
The recliner
then the floor again.

 As tired as I was.

As miserable as my little girl was.

I had to remind myself that this cold, this potential ear infection is really nothing.  There are so many children out there who are sick, really sick.  Some will take a very long time to get better and some may never.  Cancers, diseases, syndromes........

We will go to the doctor once Sassy and Action go to school.
She may or may not be given any medication.

But in the grand scheme of life, this night, this day, maybe this weekend with a terrible, miserable cold are truly nothing.  Sure my body is craving sleep, we have company coming tomorrow, a weekend full of activities ~ choir concert, 3 basketball games, choir at church, Actions 8th birthday, softball.... but our life will not be changed by this cold, lack of sleep, or delay of the "things" I need to get done.  I can not say everyone is that fortunate.  And everything will get done.... eventually.


Really, It's all about perspective.




3 comments:

the treat girl said...

Awwwwwh!!!!! That poor little thing! Hope she's feeling better very soon.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Bah! I remember those days...now I wish for a night holding a baby in the recliner all night :( Good perspective, she will remember what a good mommy you are when she grows up :)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

It really is about perspective! I sure hope your sweet girl is feeling better soon. Sounds like an awful cold!