Here's what you need:
1lb of frozen bread dough ~ however, I make pizza dough using my bread maker (45 minutes in the machine and wham bam fresh dough)
Jar of traditional Basil Pesto (I suppose you could make your own........)
Tomatoes, sliced ~ as many as you'd like (I use Roma)
Mozzarella cheese ~ as much or as little as you want
Here's what you do:
- Get your grill all warmed up ~ you'll want to grill these pizzas on low
- Roll out your dough ~ no thicker than 1/4" thick
- Brush each side with olive oil
- Carefully place your dough on the grill
- Grill until the first side (you know, the side facing the heat) is golden ~ don't over cook
- Then flip those babies over.
- Add your toppings ~ for the pesto pizza, I spread the crust with the pesto, add a few tomatoes, a couple handfuls of cheese then some more sliced tomato. I was also nice and made a boring old pepperoni pizza for the two littles (Yes, Action and Smiley I AM talking about you!)
- Cook until the 2nd side is golden and the cheese is melted.
Mmmm...... yummy grilled pesto pizza. Throw in a little salad, a glass of wine, family and the outdoors. A perfect summer night if you ask me!
Check these links out for more crafts, ideas, food and fun