Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Neglected

Have I told you that I am co-chair person of a fundraising event.

A fundraising event to raise money for the children programs in our church.

An event that includes a $1 kid raffle, Silent Auction and breakfast.

Breakfast for 600.

Our event is taking place this coming Sunday, the 27th.

and

My blog is not the only thing that has been neglected recently.

The Laundry.


The Cleaning.

I know, Gross!!!



And Smiley, well, she's been keeping me on my toes:

Stickering (is this even a word? ☺) me while I sneak in an quick e-mail response during a little bead stringing time:





Potty training:

I promise I'll get rid of this one before she starts dating ☺

Swiping her sister's recorder any chance she can get:



And playing it REALLY loudly:



Adding extra sugar to her cereal:


And peeling enough clementines to feed the entire block:


But always managing to get a smile out of me :)

So hopefully, after this weekend, my home and my time will be back in order.

As for Smiley,  I think she will still be demanding my time,  the need for me to have eyes in the back of my head and the ability to read her mind so I can be ready to intervene if necessary.



And you know what?  That makes me smile from the inside out, because there is no other place I'd rather be!

Including snuggled up to her here as she refuses to move :)












42.  A Delivery
43.  The opportunity to renew our vows
44.  The beautiful sound of birds singing again
45.  heart shaped chocolate
46.  life’s little messes
47.  Amazing Charities
48.  Unplugging

4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Ha, ha! They never let us forget them, do they??? Poo on laundry and cleaning :(

hill said...

i love this!! thank you for your honesty and for linking up! xoxo.

Laurie J said...

haha, this is great! aren't recorders just wonderful?! ahem. okay--maybe (more than) slightly annoying!!

Unknown said...

There are never enough hours in the day! Really great post!!