Monday, February 7, 2011

Cupcake Toppers

If you ask me, cupcakes are one of the best universal desserts.  There are so many different varieties of cake and frosting the the combinations are endless.  Not to mention, the numerous ways to decorate them.

Personally, I like to make cupcake toppers.  They are super easy to make and can be made to fit any celebration theme.


Here's how I make them:

First, find a image or picture you want to use for your theme, size it and print it off of your computer.  I like to print my images on white card stock.



Cut your image out in the shape you desire (sometimes I use different shaped, large paper punches for this).


Then, I like to glue the image onto an additional piece of complimentary card stock.

Glue onto one of these



or something similar, like a bamboo skewer.

Let dry then, get your cupcakes dressed.


Check these out:

Smiley's 1st birthday cupcakes





Superbowl party cupcakes




And while some don't make it perfectly (maybe we should call this a "turn over") through the night,  we still love 'em! ;)





handmade projects






3 comments:

Homemade Heather said...

Love them! Even the one that's slightly....tipsy! Thanks for sharing ~ stop by and say hi sometime!

the treat girl said...

Girlfriend??!!! How cute are those????? I just made brownies:( We're just starting to come out of our funk over here....what a sad night. But we're already looking forward to next year.. Let's go Steelers. Thank you so VERY much for your donation to the Ovarian Cancer website....you're the sweetest!!

PS....you have the CUTEST little cheerleader over there too :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

I can't believe these cupcakes didn't bring us luck on Sunday :(