Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Puzzles Puzzles Everywhere.....

If you came by for a visit last week you maybe heard about the party we had at my house.

You know the one where my darling 21 month old Smiley and her 3 year old friend, K dumped out all of our puzzles and combined all of the pieces into one nice heap.

Well in some of the pictures you can see letters on the backs of the pieces.


I started labeling my puzzles when Sassy was just starting to do them.  She was only 2 or 3 and inevitably some of the pieces would get mixed up.  Instead of sorting and trying to figure out if the puzzle piece I was holding was a flower that went to the Cinderella puzzle, Snow White puzzle, Strawberry Shortcake puzzle or one of the other MANY girly puzzles we had,  I labeled it ~ after I figured it out of course!

Unfortunately once the kids hit a certain age, I no longer did this.  Unfortunately this is also the age when puzzles went from 24 to 46-48 and to 100. 

So after last weeks fun, all the puzzles were labeled.



When I label them, I  write the initials or whatever word  I give that particular puzzle on each piece and on the top and bottom of the box. 



And....

If a box has seen it's last day, I cut the picture of the puzzle from the box, put the puzzle into a plastic bag with the picture and label it.



You can find me and so many other great people here:



And here:


 

 

7 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is such a great idea!! Seeing all these puzzles makes me what to sit and work on one! :)

~Jennifer

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

Awesome idea! I can soooo relate. I have a 6 yr. old who is addicted to puzzles. Sometimes he works on two at a time. This mess has happened one too many times when my 3 yr old got in his room.

Off to label our puzzles! Thanks for sharing.

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Organization and space savign all in one. Love it!

Jami Nato said...

that is a really good idea. my kids are still into wooden puzzles at this point. but i'll keep it in the back of my mind!

alicia said...

That is a great idea!! I should really do that, though at this point I believe my kids should do a better job of keeping that together.... ahem.

the treat girl said...

You are a crazy girl like me!!!!! I did the same thing....cutting the picture and putting it in a bag too! Except I missed a few with 250 pieces and those are the ones Cubby dumped out when he was 2 years old....sadly, with tears leaking out I had to throw them all in a bag to use for a craft project someday :(

Leanne said...

Such a great idea. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday and would love for you to join the party. You can link up until Saturday. There's a great giveaway too. Hope to see you there.