Thursday, July 23, 2009

Really it IS good

I try to make a lot of Smiley's baby food and this is what she inhaled last night for supper:

Here is the recipe:

from the Organic Baby and Toddler cookbook ~ Lizzie Vann

(although, I have made a few of my own changes so it is not exactly the same)

Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil
1/4 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
small pinch of parsley
½ cup organic diced tomatoes (drained unless you need it less chunky)
2 Tbs water
1 Tbs small pasta shapes


Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and carrot, cook until soft (about 5 mins).


Add the parsley, tomatoes and water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, sirring occasionally to prevent sticking.


Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.


For a chunkier meal, roughly mash tomato mixture and add in the pasta.


For a smoother mixture, blend it up (I prefer my magic bullet) tomatoes and pasta together, adding water as necessary.


* I made it middle of the ground ~ not to chunky, but not too smooth.*


Enjoy!
Smiley sure did!



I think she's full


No comments: