While I love the warmth of summer and the long sunny days spent basking in the sun and playing in the water at the beach, pool or on the boat, there is so much about fall that brings a smile to my face.
Here are a few of my favorite things about fall:
1. Getting to celebrate another year of marriage to my honey.
2. Cool mornings, crisp evenings and warm bonfires to take away the chill.
3. Mother nature's air conditioning, open windows and fresh air.
4. Cozy sweaters and tall boots
5. Lazy Sunday afternoons watching football (and maybe, just maybe the back of my eyelids ~ there is
something to be said for a good Sunday nap)
6. The slow change into beautiful vibrant colors of reds, oranges, yellows, browns and greens.
7. The lovely, warm, cozy scent of cinnamon in the form of candles, baked goodies and beverages.
8. Speaking of beverages ~ spiked apple cider ~ mmmmmm
Need a recipe for yourself ~ try this one (I don't put the ginger in, I keep it warm in a crock pot and
yep, for the adults I serve it with a shot....or so of spiced rum)!
9. Chili, soups, casseroles and other warm comfort foods
10. Fall-ifying my home ~ switching out the seashell and driftwood decor of summer for rich colored
leaves, pumpkins, candles, flowers and pictures.
11. Getting to spend time with family during our annual hunting trip.
12. While I don't like the early setting of the sun, there is something to be said for the beautiful morning
sunrises that I am able to witness on a very consistent basis due to the darker mornings.
The seasons, they come and go and while there are definitely some I like more than the others, they are all beautiful and unique. And fall is, hands down, one of my favorite!
What do you like about fall?