Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Movin' to the country

Like the Presidents of the United States of America sing.... Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.

(don't know what I'm talking about.... watch the following)


Or, maybe not.  Not the moving part anyway.  I do however, like to eat peaches!  And today, you are in luck.  I'm sharing a tasty peach muffin recipe with you.


Peach Muffins



Gather your ingredients:


2 Cups self rising flour
1 Cup unsalted butter, melted
1 Cup sour cream
1/4 Cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 - 2 Cups diced peaches (about 1/4"), can be canned (make sure you drain them) or Fresh (soft and ripe are best)


And get baking:


1.  Preheat your oven to 350° F.  Either spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non stick spray or line with paper cupcake/muffin liners (I used liners and only had Halloween ones at my house ~ I guess we are celebrating the holiday a little bit early).

2.  Whisk together flour, butter, sour cream, sugar and vanilla.


(and try not to break your whisk!)


3.  Fold in peaches.


4.  Evenly fill prepared muffin cups.

5.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.

6.  Let cool in pan for about 10 mins.  Then either try not to eat them all while they are warm, or let them cool completely before storing.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lori P said...

I LOVE that song! Went around singing it all summer to the delight of my family. :) The muffins look and sound delish (pinning them)

Unknown said...

These look nummy! I will have to give them a try!