Thursday, September 27, 2012

Annual Doctor Appointment

Today is Embrace the Camera day

What does that mean you ask?

Today is the day that we are challenged (by Emily) to step out from behind the camera and get in front of it.  Why?  For our families, our spouses, children, and grandchildren and on and on, so they know who we are, remember our times together and the fun that was had.  So for future generations, we are not only a name, but we are a face.

Today, I am stepping out from behind the camera, not with my children, or spouse, but by myself.  You see, todays embrace is 2 fold.  It is me, in a lovely paper gown, being pro-active about my health, so I can not only be just in pictures, but so I can be physically present!

Welcome to my annual doctor's appointment. 

And I'm not talking "Women's Health" here.  This is my annual full body skin check at the dermatologist.

This annual check is very important to me ~ and I suggest you all go and have a full skin check.  A few years ago I had a couple moles removed.  They were considered dysplastic nevi. Basically atypical moles that can put you at a higher risk for melanoma.

So, every year I go in and get my skin checked out ~ from my scalp to the tips of my toes.  



And thankfully, nothing looked abnormal.
Yay!  

Time to get on with making more memories with my loved ones!


Oh, I must mention, I did get "caught" taking pictures of my reflection in the mirror by my nurse.  Pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy!
HA!



3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

That cracks me up that the nurse caught you! I have my full body check next month...not excited since last time I had to have a huge section of my foot taken off after a biopsy!

Monica Lebsack said...

Dropping in from ETC. lol...Now that's bravery! It's one thing to talk about it, totally different to document it in pictures. You go girl!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You made me laugh! Yeah though, what a terrific idea to have your body fully checked, I just have my daily mamogram and that's it! You are such a pretty girl, and you have lovely legs too! Thanks for your sweet visit, I love it so. Happy check up.
FABBY