Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Windy Wednesday

Windy
definition: (informal)  using or expressed in many words that sound impressive but mean little

Since I haven't been blogging lately, I have a whole lot to say.  Here's where we've been, what we've done and potential random thoughts of my own:

Christmas was nice.  Busy but nice.  Holidays get a bit crazy for us as our families live out of state and we try to see everyone.

The 22nd ~ Our little Christmas at home.  Pizza and gifts from each other.

Passing out gifts and new rollerblades for Action

A Minnie Mouse blanket Sassy made for Smiley

Sassy modeling some new clothes


The 23rd ~ hubby's parents and Christmas Celebrating with his parents and sister's family

Pittsburgh Steeler golf towel and snowball gun

Movie watching with cousins

Someone was wiped out

Hot-tubbing 


The 24th ~ Hubby's Grandma's house to celebrate with Grandma, Aunts, Uncle and cousins.  Chili, Oyster Stew (I stick to chili), gifts, cards, midnight mass.

The 25th ~ my Parents house.  Here we celebrate with any of my siblings who can make it (this year it was only my youngest sister and my little brother), Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and their kiddos.  This year was very low key, which was ok.

The 26th ~ Home sweet Home to see if Santa made a stop.  AND....... he did.



Relaxing at home



Hubby had the week off of work.  We spent some good quality time picking out new bathroom tile and accessories.  Then he "relaxed" by ripping out the old and putting in the new ~ floor anyway.  I am still working on painting the trim and next up are the walls, now that I've decided on a paint color.

Goodbye old powder room! 

At the end of the week, we decided to head up to another state to see my sister and her family.  Her and her husband just built a new house and moved it just before Thanksgiving.  We had yet to get up there for a visit and decided it would be a good weekend to go.  So the kids exchanged Christmas gifts, we went to a college basketball game and rang in the new year together!

Admiring the gift for her cousin


Fondu time





Ringing in the new Year!

Hey Auntie E..... next year, wait LONGER than 7pm to pass out noise makers! :)  
Live and learn ~ HA!


Happy New Year everyone!  



And don't worry, I have lots more to say :)


No comments: