We're talking FOOD!
I love making these little babies ~ warm, hearty, YUMMY!
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, use clean hands to mix ground beef, onion, potato, salt and pepper, then wash hands thoroughly
3. Cut your pie rounds in half
4. On each of the halves of dough, center a small handful of the meat mixture on one side and fold the other side of the dough over the meat ~ creating a triangle shape.
5. Gently press along the edges to seal the pastie; trim the outside edges and place on a cookie sheet.
** Repeat steps 3-5 for all dough and meat.
6. Roll out any left over dough (trimmings) and using a cookie cutter, cut out fun shapes and arrange them on your pastie. Then using a pastry brush, lightly coat the tops with beaten egg.
7. Place in oven and bake 15 mins at 450 degrees, then reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook for 45 mins until golden brown and meat is not pink and cooked through.
We like to eat them with mustard and ketchup.
Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!!!
(Yep, those are beets on the side ~ man my kids LOVE it when I serve beets. They most definitely don't come and sit down at the table and exclaim "uuuuhhhh GROOOOSSSSSSS!"