Anyway, when I finally logged back on, and began visiting blogs again, I came across this fun
Christmas quiz. But since Christmas was over, I couldn't bring myself to fill it out and post it. So what did I do? I saved it, for this year! Lucky you :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them ~ I sure hope the elves help!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Tree ~ colored (I try every year to convince the kids to let me put white lights on the tree.....so far, they are holding out!), House ~ white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Not sure why, just don't.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Typically the week following Thanksgiving, however this year it was 2 weeks after since hubby went on a week long hunting trip with his dad. Couldn't do it without him ~ it's a family affair. That and I can't carry the tree by myself :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (not including dessert)? Hmm.... I don't really have one, they are all so good. I hardly ever make mashed potatoes or gravy, so I always look forward to that... and green bean casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Talking with my brother through our vents and him sneaking up to my room (from his room in the basement) and us playing cards all night because we couldn't sleep.
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep, we are always with hubby's family and we exchange gifts with them.
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights, sheer red ribbon and lots of ornaments. Some are from my childhood, ones I made or received. Some are random ones I've purchased as gifts for the kids or hubby, or just because I liked them. And, my mom purchases the kids each an ornament each year, the kids love looking for their special ones!
10. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! Last Christmas there was none and it felt a little wrong!
11. Can you ice skate? I can skate forward ~ not backwards very well.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? A purple bike with a sparkly white banana seat.
13. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Relaxing and spending time with my family
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Probably my mom's cherry pie ~ I have the same recipe, but it just tastes better when someone else makes it :)
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Growing up we would always go to mass on Christmas Eve, come home, eat pizza, clean up, then open up gifts from each other. Now we are constantly going from house to house trying to see all of our family, but I still carve out an evening with just Hubby and the kids to eat pizza and open up gifts from each other.
16. What tops your tree? A grapevine star
17. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. I love searching for just the perfect gift for each person on my list.
18. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? I'm indifferent.
19. Favorite Christmas show? I like the Polar Express
20. Saddest Christmas song? Christmas Shoes
21. What is your favorite Christmas song? There is no way, I can choose just one. I love Christmas music and play it constantly from the day after Thanksgiving until just after Christmas.
22. And finally, what is your favorite Christmas cookie or candy? Toffee.... I love toffee!
I'd love to hear some of your answers! Leave them in a comment, or if you blog about it, be sure to let me know!