Wednesday, October 10, 2012

O{pin}ions

The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are falling and the air is crisp.  At least this is the way it is where I live.  And as the season changes from summer to fall, I find myself craving warm comfort foods.  So you'll see this weeks O{pin}ions will represent this.

First up:

Italian Fusilli Zuppa

The picture is so pretty, the recipe sounded easy and what is better on a cool day then a warm bowl of homemade soup.  The two words that pop into my head when I think of the first bite I took of this yummy looking soup ~ sick and disgusting.  Needless to say, I promptly dumped the entire pot down the garbage disposal.  Obviously I will be deleting this recipe from my "Cooking" board and nope, I would not recommend it.



Since that soup was a total disaster and I was still craving soup, a few days later I attempted this one:

Chunky Vegetable Soup

So much better than the first one!  I thought the flavors were good and I love the chunky vegetables in it.  I ate leftovers for lunch for about 5 days!  Definitely will remake this soup!



Up next Breakfast:

Weekend Brunch Casserole

When I saw this one on Pinterest the description said something about crescent rolls and sausage.... fore me, that was basically hook, line and sinker :)  Anyway, I made this one Saturday morning when my in-laws were visiting.  We all agreed it was tasty.  I will definitely make this again!  Quick tip ~ instead of using separate crescent rolls and pinching the seams together, purchase the sheet of crescent roll ~ same thing but already in a 9x13" sheet (same location in the grocery store too)!


That same weekend, I also made this:

Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Another delightful recipe that I will absolutely make again.  It was a perfect sweet compliment to our savory and salty sausage dish.

Well, there you have it ~ 3 out of 4 isn't too bad :)  Have you pinned anything lately and made it (food or otherwise!)  Oh, and you can find me on pinterest here, where can I find you?


4 comments:

Angel said...

Hi Wendy! I haven't been by for awhile. I have to tell you l laughed out loud when you said you threw the whole pot of soup out. What did it taste like? Why was it "sick and disgusting"? So funny and I'm very thankful for your honesty!

Now I'm off to read all your posts I've missed. :)

Lori P said...

Oh I am a soup girl and will try both out. LOVE old fashioned, vegetable soup. Been dreaming all week of fall, comfort food.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a bummer to make a pot of soup and have to throw it out! Soup is sounding so good. Off to pin that chunky vegetable soup! :)

Anna said...

Oh the pictures of beautiful food. Especially the soups look delicious!
Anna
handmade jewelry