Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ready for my o{PIN}ions?

Alrighty, welcome to another installment of my o"PIN"ions.
(you can find and follow me on Pinterest here)

First on the list ~ a book.

Seriously, what's better than relaxing with a good book in the summer ~ I pinned this one awhile ago, hoping it would be good.

Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 

Here's what I thought:  This book isn't my typical read. There were "ghosts", "monsters" , action, adventure, and suspense. Lets not forget the love story plot line. This book grabbed my interest right away in the beginning and held it for the entire book. It's about a boy (Jacob) whose grandfather dies at the hands (paws perhaps, or maybe claws) of a wild animal. Well, that's what the authorities say anyway. But when Jacob finds his Grandfather lying down, dying on the forest floor, his Grandfather whispers his last words to him. What these words mean is a puzzle, one the Jacob is determined to figure out. And he does figure it out. Along with many twists, turns and a world you couldn't imagine.

I would definitely recommend it.

Ok, now onto the "good stuff"  I'm talking food and drinks!


First up, a beverage ~ Kalimotxo
If you're like me you're saying "Huh, Kalimo..... what?"  Basically it's a combo of red wine and coke (as in soda)  (24oz red wine and 16oz Coke) You can find the original recipe/post here.  
My opinion ~ gross!  I like wine and I like coke, but not together.  Not at all.  Hubby though, he drank it.  He said it wasn't "that bad".  I disagree.  It was "that bad".   Definitely deleting this one from my Pinterest board.



Do you like spinach artichoke dip?  I definitely do, so when I saw this recipe, I knew it was one I would be making ~ Spinach Artichoke Pasta, via A Life of Flavor
I liked this.  Hubby liked it, but as with all recipes I make that don't contain meat, he replied, "It's good, but it would be really good if it had some chicken in it."  Personally, I didn't miss the meat, but it would be really good with a little chicken or crab in it.  This is a "remaker."



Another pasta recipe ~ Ultimate Macaroni Salad via Hungry Couple
I found this to be a pretty tasty, creamy macaroni salad.  Sassy agreed.  No one else raved or crabbed about it, so I'll take that as they thought it was good, not great, but good.  I will probably make this again.  Just know it makes a huge batch, I will definitely halve it the next time I make it for just my family.



Finally a dessert.  A dessert posted by the Pioneer Woman.  Seriously, how could I go wrong?  I made her version of a Deep Dish Fruit Pizza.
I made this to share with a group over the 4th.  It was delicious and a definite hit!  I will absolutely make it again.  Mmm Mmm good!


That's it for now! What have you been pinning?


No comments: