Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This little stinker has been crawling out of her crib for a long time.

She is so tall ~ greater than 97th percentile for height.  She just turned three and often gets mistaken for a 4 year old.  I mean, this little girl has been able to just swing her leg over the top of the crib and slide on down to get out for-ever.

I took these pictures last March ~ she was moving fast, and my little point and shoot couldn't keep up, but you get the point:






Not too long after that, we decided to put a toddler bed in her room.  I admit, I was sad.  I sat in her room, holding her, rocking her, taking in her sounds, her scents and her size.

You see, to some people it may just be a crib.  But to me, to me it's the end of a chapter.  Kind of like a chapter in a book that is so good, interesting and comforting that you just don't want it to end.  One that you will remember, but can not relive.  Sure there are more chapters to write, but this is one I will always cherish.  The memories of my babies all snuggled up with their "blankies", "snuggles", and toys.

We put the toddler bed in her room, but left her crib in as well.  We wanted her to be able to transition to the toddler bed (even though it is the same size as a crib) on her own terms.  In the beginning she thought the toddler bed was fun, but wanted nothing to do with sleeping in it.  Then she moved on to going back and forth between the two.  And in the end, she was still going back and forth, but sleeping more often in her toddler bed.

Finally, Smiley and I decided the other day that it was time to say goodbye.  Goodbye to the crib that held all three of my babies.  Goodbye to the security of 4 sides.  And goodbye to being a baby.

She was excited and quite the little helper when it came time to take it down.  We embraced the moment together.



But when it was down. She asked me to put it back together "downstairs".




 We didn't.  And I am happy to report that she has adjusted very well, and so have I.  :)

Now go
embrace the camera and savor the memories you are making
even if they aren't your favorite ones ('cause they're all important)  ☺





4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I actually sold my crib a few years ago and the lady paid me and said she was coming back for it. I almost called her and told her the deal was off! It's sad to see it go and admit there will be no more babies :(

Brandi said...

This made me a little weepy. We are going through some of the same things at our house!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww... what a sweet post! She is so adorable and growing up so fast. Love those pictures of her crawling out like that. Too cute! :)

the treat girl said...

oooooooohhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm so sad :( It feels like just yesterday i had all those same feelings with Cubby. Ending the chapter of being a baby was VERY hard...and I know I've saved waaay to many baby things...but I don't care :)